Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Personal Paradise



Amy’s Personal Paradise
Screen shot/ studio shot
Apartmenttherapy.com entry of interior design contest
Completed September 2008

I analyzed the percentage of my time spent in the studio, which is where I spent my time reading, thinking, and making. My studio was the only sense of ownership over place. I personalized my turf by painting one wall; an earthy robins egg blue named Private Lagoon. Private lagoon was mine. It became an inside joke with my studio, while providing a metaphor for a placid workspace.
Without a result in mind, Private lagoon led me to paint all three walls in varying colors, by pursuing the interconnectedness of emotion and color in a domestic interior. I then decorated my studio to obliterate the line between a live space and workspace. I entered 10 pictures onto an apartmenttherapy.com contest, which challenged homemakers to decorate using fall colors. I entered my studio space as a studio apartment in Bloomfield Hills, MI.

No comments:

Post a Comment